Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Hanmer Camp with my Dad

Thank you dad for coming on Hanmer Forestry camp from Wednesday 9th March to Friday 11th March. I Iiked having you with me because you could help me on camp. It was great how you helped with the food. One of my favourite activities was tree climbing, I liked this because I got really high and it was my 2nd favorite activity. My  favourite activity was hiking up the Conical Hill because it was a cool view from the top.

My group and I walked up to Conical Hill. It  was fun because I liked walking and I like going up hills. I felt tired at times,  I was breathing hard because It was a very steep hill to walk up.

We got to the top 10-15 minutes later and then we went back down to the bottom.

Everyone got to the orienteering, we started.  After we went back to camp I was tired. I felt safe at camp because Dad was with me. I enjoyed the Conical Hill walk because I loved the view at the top.

2 comments:

  1. That is a fantastic recount of Hanmer Camp Hunter. I'm really glad you enjoyed walking up Conical Hill. I also loved that you enjoyed the tree climbing. You make Dad and I very proud the way you were so willing to give everything a go. Great effort:-) Dad really enjoyed going on camp with you too. He made lots of new friends. Love Mum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hunter: Nice to see that the writing you worked on in your camp book has been translated to your blog. It's great to know that you like walking as there are many people who do not seem to get much pleasure out of walking yet it is a fun way to see amazing things. Do you think you might like to go back to Hanmer and walk up some more steep hills? I look forward to your next blog post.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.