Pages

Tuesday 8 March 2016

My 'Wonder' writing

Last week for writing I wrote about the point of view that R.J Palacio used for the book ‘Wonder’. I like the book ‘Wonder’ and I find it an interesting story.


‘Wonder’ is a story about a boy who feels ordinary on the inside, but he is always reminded of how different he is by how people respond when they meet him. This is R.J Palacio’s first novel and it is written in the first person.

I think it is in 1st person because R.J Palacio has written it from August’s point of view because he says “ I don’t know how long I was asleep.” 

 When August started school, he said, “Next week I start fifth grade.” 

 Palacio has used the first person point of view in her story ‘Wonder’. 

1 comment:

  1. Hunter: This is a very good short essay about the narration style of the book 'Wonder'. I enjoyed working with you looking at the difference between the first and third person narrative. I liked the way you were able to pick up other books in your class and identify how they were written in the first person.

    Well done for using an example from the text to prove that 'Wonder' is written in the first person.

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.